Thursday, December 6, 2012

My childhood friend


My childhood friend


As a child, I was full of sports, power rangers, and energy. Me, my brother, and my best friend, Big Bird, would play and play and play. Big Bird, who is six two now at the age of 14, was about five four at the age of six. He is called Big Bird because of his first football stance. He looked like a big dying bird. His real name is John, but nobody calls him that anymore. It's mostly Big Bird that he is called by his parents! We first met at age zero or one, I can't remember quit exactly, his mom was running a daycare center, and my mom took us there to chill because she had to go do something or go somewhere.we started to hang out after that and soon became best friends. Don't get me wrong. I have alot of good friends and some other best friends, but none of them are like Big Bird. None of them have known me for there whole life. Big Bird lives right next to me, all I have to do is is walk a few steps from my gate to his driveway. A total of ten steps. One day, as me, Big Bird, and my brother where playing power rangers in our woods. We started to walk more into the woods when suddenly, a swarm of hornets come flying out of the ground! We took of and ran into our house that was about 200 feet from the pot that we where attacked, that was the fastest I've ever ran as a child. I beat Big Bird and my brother to the house without a sting when suddenly a piercing sensation shot up my foot! As I looked down in agony, I could see that a hornet has gone into my shoe and stung me. The hornet was wedged between the shoe and my foot, head at the shoe, and stinger in my foot. That was a rough day for me, but it's all good now. Big Bird still comes over today as we workout and play football. He is truly my best friend.


By Michael mark

No comments:

Post a Comment